Groombridge Signalling Scheme
Phase 1 of the Groombridge Signalling Scheme was brought into use on Friday 1st August 2014, just in time for our Summer Diesel Gala.
Phase 2 of the Groombridge Signalling Scheme was brought into use on Wednesday 3rd July 2016, again in time for our Summer Diesel Gala.
- GBR No.1R - Down Distant (Fixed)
- GBR No.1 - Down Outer Home
- GBR No.2 - Down Inner Home
- GBR No.3 - Down Starting
- GBR No.5 - From Platform Shunt
- GBR No.17 - Up Starting
- GBR No.18 - From Down Loop Up Starting
- GBR No.19 - From Single Line Shunt
- GBR No.19R - Up Distant (Fixed)
- GBR No.13 - From Up Loop to Main Shunt
- GBR No.16 - Up Advanced Starting
- GBR No.6 - Facing Point Lock
GBR No.7 - Loop Points East (Mechanical)
GBR No.14 - Loop Points West (Electrical - HW1000 Point Machine)
Groombridge Signal Box is now in use all the time to control the passing of our trains, we are therefore seeking those interested in becoming Signalman! Please join our society and email our Volunteer Liaison Officer here.
Phase 3 includes the introduction of two track circuits and also GBR No.13 Shunt & GBR No.20 Up Home signals, this is due to be commissioned in stages throughout 2017.
We are now recruiting and training Signalmen (that term does not exclude the ladies). Please get in touch if you are interested.