2017 DATES - FRIDAY 20TH, SATURDAY 21ST & SUNDAY 22ND OCTOBER!
Our major Real Ale and Cider event, only made possible through the support of West Kent CAMRA, is back for its 7th year. With 125+ Real Ales, 20+ Green Hop Beers, Key-Keg/Cask Beers, Belgian Beers & 30+ Ciders, this is the event you do not want to miss.
The main festival
takes place in our Victorian Engine Shed at Tunbridge Wells West where you can enjoy a pint or two
throughout the day in between train rides if you wish, the festival continues on the trains and at Groombridge and Eridge Stations too, the whole railway comes alive with some wonderful local brews.
AT THE STATIONS
Tunbridge Wells West
- The main festival location, inside the engine shed with most of the real ale & cider.
- Trains to High Rocks, Groombridge & Eridge.
- Our renowned & extremely popular BBQ taking place inside the engine shed serving locally produced burgers, sausages & bacon rolls!
- Live Entertainment throughout the event
- Access to the main festival itself is FREE!
- Ticket office, toilets and main departure point of train services.
- Station shop stocking a large variety of railway and children's products.
- Train travel from 18:00 is just £5!
- Access to the famous High Rocks or Tea Garden Lane which can provide great photographic opportunities.
- High Rocks Inn and Garden.
- A great place to watch the trains from the Inns garden.
- Please note that evening & shuttle trains will not serve High Rocks.
- Trains crossing over all three days (Please note, you can only change trains to catch the one you are passing if travelling towards Eridge). Why not break your journey and enjoy this fabulous country station?
- Shuttle service to Tunbridge Wells West on the Friday & Saturday.
- Real ale & cider available on the station platform in our marquee!
- Mainline connections with Southern services to Central London, East Croydon, Oxted (change for East Grinstead) and Uckfield.
- Real ale and cider on sale in our Waiting Room.
- Locomotives can be viewed in the bay platform between trains if timetabled to remain at the station.
ON THE TRAINS
Our award winning on train bar, 'Kate', will be open all three days from the first trains departure to the last trains arrival, this includes the Friday and Saturday evening 'Ales on Rails' trains. 'Kate' will be open for the sale of real ale and cider from the first departure to the last arrival, this is the main location on Set A for ale and cider! Sandwiches, crisps, biscuits and other light refreshments will be available all day (or until they sell out!)
Our additional on train bar for this weekend can be found in the guards van of Set B with a selection of ales on sale to keep the thirst at bay!
The timetables with loco allocations are available here.
Evening 'Ales on Rails' Services - Friday 21st & Saturday 22nd October
We will be running our popular services between Tunbridge Wells West & Eridge late into the evening on Friday and Saturday for those wishing to make the most of the day, travel on these trains is included in the price of all rover tickets however you can book for just the evening on our dedicated page here.