Murder Mystery Evening Fish & Chip Special
There's been a murrrder...
And given that the Police have drawn a blank on apprehending the villain, it's up to you to sleuth it out over a few drinks on the train.
The scene is the sleepy little Cornish village of Morlington Hill during the 1940's and your job is to help the 368 theatre company solve the murder!
Come along to try your hand at solving a murder, it is up to you to find out who dunnit, you might even win a prize! The evening starts at Tunbridge Wells West Station with a briefing at 18:15 sharp, then we transfer to our train where the story gets more interesting as the night draws in. On our way out of Tunbridge Wells West enjoy a Fish and Chip supper as you travel through the wonderful High Weald countryside to Groombridge. Upon arrival at our country branch line station more of the story will unfold and you will need to be on the platform not to miss the action. On return to Tunbridge Wells West an ice cream dessert will be served. Our Bar car "Kate", will be open for the whole journey.
We have another trip to Groombridge giving you time to come up with who you think may have committed the dastardly deed!
The evening finishes back at Tunbridge Wells West in our shed when all will become clear.
These evenings are great fun in groups so why not get a party together for this unique evening?
If you have any special dietary requirements we must be made aware at the time of booking, menu options must be chosen during the booking process.
If you have any wheelchair passengers please also mention this when booking, we have a special carriage with capacity for a maximum of two wheelchairs.
Please arrive at 18:00 for an 18:15 start before the train departs at 19:00 arriving back at Tunbridge Wells West at approximately 21:00.
Terms & Conditions
Menu & dietary requirements
- All of our Fish and Chip specials have a fixed menu which must be chosen in advance. These are Fish and Chips, Battered sausage and chips, Sausage and Chips, Spring Roll and Chips (Vegetarian option) and Grilled Fish and Chips (gluten free option).
- If you require the Vegetarian or Gluten Free option this must be ordered in advance.
- Our menu for the Murder Mysteries is fixed and we are unable to facilitate anything other than shown on the menu choices.
Refunds & Cancellations
- We regret that there can be no refund for ‘no show’ customers.
- Cancellations notified in writing, at least four weeks before the booked date will be refunded less a £10 admin fee; shorter notice cancellations are not entitled to a refund but the Spa Valley Railway will try to re-sell the tickets.
- Details to advise of a cancellation are in the 'Refunds & Cancellations' section of this website at the bottom of our webpages.
- Our carriages used for dining were built in the 1960's and due to their internal dimensions physically disabled persons can only be accommodated if they are not confined to a wheelchair.
- Our train is equipped with two toilets and there are also toilets available at Tunbridge Wells West & Groombridge.
- We do not recommend the Murder Mystery trains for children.
- Whilst every effort is made to haul part of our dining trains with a steam locomotive (when advertised to be one) and also our coaches as described there may be the need to use a heritage 1960s diesel locomotive or other carriages subject to necessity.
- The Spa Valley Railway reserves the right to make such changes for whatever reason without prior notice being given.
- We do not and cannot guarantee that you will be hauled by a Steam locomotive.
How to Book
Select the relevant train on the left hand side of the page!