We're very pleased to offer the unique and privileged opportunity to travel up the front with the Driver!
Summer Diesel Gala Cab Rides - 2nd to 5th August 2018
Join one of our drivers up the front at our Class 33 Running Day and Summer Diesel Gala for just £20 per single trip! The chance to ride in the cab for just £20 is one not to be missed by any diesel fas, home fleet locomotives available.
Please note the following terms and conditions applicable to ALL Footplate Rides:
- Participants must be aged 18 or over and in good health.
- All steam or diesel locomotives and units are subject to availability.
- You will only be participating in a ride on the locomotive, you will not get the opportunity to drive it.
- The instructions given by the Driver are final and must be adhered to at all times otherwise you will be removed from the locomotive.
- You or the participant must be able to climb a 6ft vertical ladder to gain access to the locomotives footplate, they must also be in good health and able to respond to all instructions given without assistance.
- You must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Each Footplate Ride is for one person per time, there is not room for two people on the footplate, any guests you wish to bring with you will need to purchase travel tickets to ride on the train (note Santa Specials do not have public accommodation).
- Non-flammable clothing that covers both arms and legs plus strong footwear are required.
- We recommend a Boiler Suit and Steel Toe Capped Boots.
- The Spa Valley reserves the right to cancel or suspend a Footplate Ride if the participant is suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs or is seen to be physically not fit enough to undertake the experience.
- Please make sure you arrive 15 minutes prior to your experience commencing and report to the Station Master.
- The Spa Valley Railway reserves the right to reschedule a Footplate Ride for whatever reason.
- You MUST bring your physical printed or e-ticket with you on the day to show to the locomotive crew.
- Locomotives or Units are all subject to availability, they are over 50yrs old and so from time to time suffer failures, we therefore reserve the right to alter the locomotive used on any footplate ride be it steam or diesel. We will however always endeavour to provide the product as sold but in the event of failure cannot be held responsible should we need to provide an alternative form of traction to operate our services. This may mean heritage diesel vice steam and could only be discovered on the morning of your visit.
Each Footplate Ride is for one person at a time, there is not room for more than one person alongside the crew on the footplate, any guests you wish to bring with you will need to purchase travel tickets to ride on the train.
You MUST bring your physical printed or e-ticket with you on the day to show the locomotive crew, therefore if you select an e-ticket please ensure you print it off and bring it with you on the day!
Note that a £10 admin fee applies to all booking alterations.