British tradition and heritage trains!
We at the Spa Valley have been operating Fish and Chip Supper trains since the early 2000s and they now have an extremely popular reputation amongst the local population and also from afar, some of these evenings are also combined with our Murder Mystery trains, click here for further details.
Join the train from 18:45 at Tunbridge Wells West and be shown to your seats. At 19:00 the train will set off for Groombridge and complete two return journeys. Whilst on your journey you will enjoy a freshly prepared Fish and Chip supper followed by an ice cream dessert. You will return to Tunbridge Wells West for approximately 21:15.
Our on train bar car 'Kate' will be open throughout the evening selling a large range of real ales, cider, wines (including sparkling!) and also hot & cold soft drinks.
Please note that on some special events the format of our Fish & Chip specials vary, please see below.
Our prices are just £20 per adult and £15 per child, a very affordable evening out with heritage trains!
Also included is an optional quiz night during the journey at £2.00 per person which can be paid for on the evening. The dates for these are 15th April (Easter Saturday) and Saturday 26th August.
Special event Fish & Chip Suppers:
Terms & Conditions
- All of our dining trains are advance booking only, we cannot accept passengers on the day. As these are immensely popular we recommend that you book early to avoid disappointment.
- Our trains depart promptly, we cannot wait for latecomers.
- Bookings can only be made with full payment.
- Prices include train fare and meal but exclude drinks. Wines, spirits, beers, cider, soft drinks and teas/coffees are available from our waiting staff at additional cost.
- Drinks advertised are subject to availability and may be altered without prior warning.
- No discounts are available for this service.
- For logistical reasons we reserve the right to move your party to another carriage if necessary.
Please note that only drinks purchased on board from our waiting staff may be consumed on any Spa Valley Railway dining trains.
- Diners who wish to bring their own wine (including sparkling) or champagne will be charged corkage per bottle at: £17 wine, £20 champagne and £25 wine box.
- Our carriages used for dining were built in the 1960's and due to their internal dimensions physically disabled persons can only be accommodated if they are not confined to a wheelchair.
- Our train is equipped with two toilets and there are also toilets available at Tunbridge Wells West, Groombridge & Eridge.
- We offer child tickets for our Fish & Chip Supper trains.
- Whilst every effort is made to haul part of our dining trains with a steam locomotive (when advertised to be one, (not 11th March, 4th and 5th August) and also our coaches as described there may be the need to use a heritage 1960s diesel locomotive or other carriages subject to necessity.
- The Spa Valley Railway reserves the right to make such changes for whatever reason without prior notice being given.
- We do not and cannot guarantee that you will be hauled by a Steam locomotive.
How to Book
Select the relevant train on the left hand side of the page!