The extremely popular 'Rare Track Excursion' is back for the 2018 Summer Diesel Gala!
In 2014, 15 & 16 we ran some very popular tours of the railway using some of our shunting locomotives or not so frequently used bigger locomotives to visit areas of the line not usually open to the public.
For 2018 we are returning the 'Rare Track Excursion' to our calendar but this time to visit as many of the unusual places in one go! We are planning to use our Queen Mary Brake Van for this novel experience with spaces limited to 20 persons at the present time.
Provisionally the excursion will depart Tunbridge Wells West at 12:45, this is subject to change and customers will be advised by email closer to the time should timings for the running of this service change.
These will include:
• Tunbridge Wells West yard, as many vacant roads as possible or the yard throat.
• Tunbridge Wells West East/West Sidings & Headshunt.
• Groombridge No. 1 & No. 2 carriage sidings, aka the Ashurst Up and Down Spur.
• Groombridge Engineers Siding, as much of as is available.
• Eridge Platform 3.
• Stub of track to the South of Eridge.
• The route will also include both the Up & Down Loops at Groombridge and the Up Loop departing towards Eridge in the 'wrong' direction.
TBA but planned to be shunting locos such as the Class 10 and Drewry.
• Adult Rare Track Excursion: £15.00
• Adult RTE + Class 33 RD Rover: £27.00
This experience is not suitable for persons under the age of 16.
If you select an e-ticket please ensure you print it off and bring it with you on the day.
Note that a £10 admin fee applies to all booking alterations. Seats are NOT guaranteed.