One of the biggest beer festivals in Kent & Sussex!
Our major Real Ale and Cider event, only made possible through the support of West Kent CAMRA, is back for its 7th year. With 160+ Real Ales, 25+ Green Hop Beers, Key-Keg/Cask Beers, Belgian Beers & 30+ Ciders, this is the event you do not want to miss.
The main festival takes place in our Victorian Engine Shed at Tunbridge Wells West where you can enjoy a pint or two throughout the day in between train rides if you wish, the festival continues on the trains and at Groombridge and Eridge Stations too, the whole railway comes alive with some wonderful local brews.
At the stations:
Tunbridge Wells West
- The main festival location, inside the engine shed with most of the real ale & cider.
- Trains to High Rocks, Groombridge & Eridge.
- Our renowned & extremely popular BBQ taking place inside the engine shed serving locally produced burgers, sausages & bacon rolls!
- Live Entertainment throughout the event at selected times.
- Access to the main festival itself is FREE!
- Ticket office, toilets and main departure point of train services.
- Station shop stocking a large variety of railway and children's products.
- Train travel from 18:00 is just £5!
- Access to the famous High Rocks or Tea Garden Lane which can provide great photographic opportunities.
- High Rocks Inn and Garden.
- A great place to watch the trains from the Inns garden.
- Please note that evening & shuttle trains will not serve High Rocks.
- Trains crossing over all three days (Please note, you can only change trains to catch the one you are passing if travelling towards Eridge). Why not break your journey and enjoy this fabulous country station?
- Shuttle service to Tunbridge Wells West on the Friday & Saturday.
- Real ale & cider available on the station platform in our marquee!
- Driver for a Fiver - warning, no alcohol can be consumed prior to undertaking one of these experiences.
- Mainline connections with Southern services to Central London, East Croydon, Oxted (change for East Grinstead) and Uckfield.
- Real ale and cider on sale in our Waiting Room.
- Locomotives can be viewed in the bay platform between trains if timetabled to remain at the station.
There are many places to stay in Tunbridge Wells but we suggest you book in advance to make sure you can stay over and enjoy the whole event, it saves driving and means you can have a few!
- Tunbridge Wells Bed and Breakfast - Click here
- The Lancers Bed & Breakfast - Click here
- The Brick House Bed & Breakfast - Click here
- Alconbury Guest House Bed and Breakfast - Click here
- Tunbridge Wells Travelodge - Click here - sells out fast and also the cheapest hotel.
- Smith and Western, just accross the road from Tunbridge Wells West - Click here
The nearest campsites to the Spa Valley Railway can be found here, the campsite we run past is for Scout Groups only, not for the general public.
Getting to our 7th CAMRA Real Ale & Cider Festival 2017:
The railway's Tunbridge Wells West address is: West Station, Neville Terrace, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2 5QY and we can be located at the Western end of the town by Sainsbury's and Homebase. Brown tourist signs in the area will assist in guidance and there are two Pay & Display Car Parks within 5-10 minutes’ walk of Tunbridge Wells West Station located at Union House, Linden Close and Major York's Road.
Eridge Station can be accessed off of the main A26 Tunbridge Wells to Lewes Road. The station has a large Pay & DIsplay Car Park and currently at weekends is just £2 to park all day.
There is very limited parking at Groombridge Station. High Rocks Station has a large free car park and signage is available from Tunbridge Wells to the Rocks themselves.
For Sat Navs the railway is located at the following post codes:
- Tunbridge Wells West: TN2 5QY
- High Rocks: TN3 9JJ
- Groombridge: TN3 9RD
- Eridge: TN3 9LE
The easiest station you can get to us via rail travel is Eridge where our trains depart from Platform 2 or you can arrive via Tunbridge Wells Mainline after a 10-15 minute walk down the town through the very famous Pantiles. Please check National Rail Enquiries before travelling.
Rover tickets are valid for unlimited travel on the day of issue. If you select an e-ticket please ensure you print it off and bring it with you on the day, you will not be required to exchange it however you must have it in printed form for our staff to check.
Note that a £10 admin fee applies to all booking alterations.