Fish & Chip Lunch Special
British tradition and heritage trains!
We at the Spa Valley have been operating Fish and Chip Lunch trains for many years and they now have an extremely popular reputation amongst the local population and also from afar, we attract a lot of coach parties to our Fish and Chip lunches and can accommodate them privately on other operating days too!
Whats on offer?
Join the train from 12:45 at Tunbridge Wells West and be shown to your seats. At 13:00 the train will set off for Groombridge. Whilst on your journey you will enjoy a freshly prepared Fish and Chip lunch followed by an ice cream dessert on the return trip. You will return to Tunbridge Wells West for approximately 14:00.
Our on train bar car 'Kate' will be open throughout your journey selling a large range of real ales, cider, wines (including sparkling!) and also hot and cold soft drinks.
Our prices for Lunchtime Fish & Chip trains are just £18 per adult and £13 per child!
Terms & Conditions
Menu & dietary requirements
- All of our Fish & Chip specials (including Murder Mystery's) have a fixed menu which must be chosen in advance, these are Fish and Chips, Battered sausage and chips, Sausage and Chips, Spring Roll and Chips (Vegetarian option) and Grilled Fish & Chips (gluten free option).
- If you require the Vegetarian or Gluten Free option this must be ordered in advance.
- Our menu is fixed and we are unable to facilitate anything other than shown on the menu choices.
Refunds, Cancellations & Changes to bookings
- We regret that there can be no refund for ‘no show’ customers.
- ALL booking alterations, no matter how minor incur a £10 admin fee.
- Cancellations notified in writing, at least four weeks before the booked date will be refunded less a £10 admin fee; shorter notice cancellations are not entitled to a refund but the Spa Valley Railway will try to re-sell the tickets.
- Cancellations in writing must be sent to our General Manager here or by post:
- Our carriages used for dining were built in the 1960's and due to their internal dimensions physically disabled persons can only be accommodated if they are not confined to a wheelchair.
- Our train is equipped with two toilets and there are also toilets available at Tunbridge Wells West, Groombridge and Eridge.
- We offer child tickets for our Fish and Chip Lunch trains.
- Whilst every effort is made to haul part of our dining trains with a steam locomotive (when advertised to be one), and also our coaches as described there may be the need to use a heritage 1960s diesel locomotive or other carriages subject to necessity.
- The Spa Valley Railway reserves the right to make such changes for whatever reason without prior notice being given.
- We do not and cannot guarantee that you will be hauled by a Steam locomotive.
How to Book
Select the relevant train on the left hand side of the page!