Travel by heritage train to see children’s favourite Paddington™ & enjoy family fun during your visit!
Children's favourite Paddington™ will be on hand at Groombridge Station to see his fans arriving on trains from Tunbridge Wells West at intervals throughout the day! But that's not all… Located in our engine shed at Tunbridge Wells West will be our popular face painters and Punch & Judy who'll be undertaking shows throughout the day.
Also at Groombridge will be our marquee shop with various Paddington™ merchandise available to purchase, and whilst on the train a balloon modeller will pass through with a balloon for every child.
What to see at Tunbridge Wells West:
- Punch & Judy shows
- Face Painting
- Mini cinema
- Model railway
- Arts & crafts tables
- Souvenir shop
What to see at Groombridge:
- Small marquee shop
Trains will depart Tunbridge Wells West at 10:00, 11:30, 13:00 & 14:30, you will get approximately 30 minutes at Groombridge Station and unlimited time at Tunbridge Wells West. Trains do not call at High Rocks during this event.
Our character days T&Cs are:
- Whilst every effort is ensured that you will get to see the characters personally this is not guaranteed.
- The event is advertised as a 'see' event and not a 'meet' event, there is no guarantee you will be able to 'shake hands' for example.
- We reserve the right to make alterations to timings without prior warning.
- Trains depart promptly and we cannot wait for latecomers.
- The above attractions are subject to availability and not guaranteed.
- Seating is not guaranteed on any train.
- Adult - £10.00
- Senior - £9.00
- Child - £5.00
- Family - £26.50 (2 adults + 2 children or 1 adult + 3 children)
Whilst every effort is made to haul part of our trains with a steam locomotive and also our coaches as described there may be the need to use a heritage 1960s diesel locomotive or other carriages subject to necessity.
The Spa Valley Railway reserves the right to make such changes for whatever reason without prior notice being given.