Terms & Conditions:
- All of our dining trains are advance booking only, we cannot accept passengers on the day.
- As these are immensely popular we recommend that you book early to avoid disappointment.
- Our trains depart promptly, we cannot wait for latecomers.
- Due to the fixed seating and table layout bookings are made per complete table of two or table of four.
- Tables of two will be sold on a first come, first served basis and cannot be guaranteed under any circumstances.
- Bookings can only be made with full payment.
- Prices include train fare and meal but exclude drinks. Drinks are available from our waiting staff at additional cost.
- Drinks advertised are subject to availability and may be altered without prior warning.
- On Sundays the High Weald Belle dining option is an additional service as part of our standard Green weekend timetable.
- No discounts are available for our dining trains.
- For logistical reasons we reserve the right to move your party to another carriage if necessary.
- Please note that only drinks purchased on board from our waiting staff may be consumed on any Spa Valley Railway dining train.
- Diners who wish to bring their own wine (including sparkling) or champagne will be charged corkage per bottle.
- Photos are for illustrative purposes only, actual product may vary.
- No refunds will be made for missed Dining Experiences. We are not able to transfer you to a future date unless the service was cancelled by us.
- During COVID-19 customers will NOT be allowed to leave their seats whilst the train is in motion and the toilets and bar will not be accessible to customers.
- Face coverings will be required by ALL customers on our Dining trains when going to/from their seats during boarding and alighting as well as between consuming food and drink on board.
- You will be refused travel if you fail to bring a face covering.
- £17 Wine (Rioja £19)
- £20 Champagne or Prosecco
- £25 Wine box
Menu & dietary requirements:
- All of our dining trains have a fixed menu which will be available on the website for each particular date.
- If you require the vegetarian or gluten free option this must be ordered in advance.
- To avoid embarrassment on the day, please give details on the booking form or at least two weeks before if any member of your party has any special dietary requirements or allergies that require a different meal to be provided (which is however subject to availability and anything under two weeks we cannot guarantee to accommodate) e.g. vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free, no nuts, no red meat, no mushrooms, no shellfish, etc.
- Please note that it is impossible for us to provide an alternative to the fixed menu if we are only advised on the day.
We regret that it is not possible to cater for the following dietary requirements: Diabetic, Vegan, Dairy Free, Nut or any other allergies on some of our Dining Services. For details please view the booking information for your chosen service.
A list of allergens is available on request.
Refunds, Cancellations & Changes to bookings:
- We regret that there can be no refund or transfer to a future date for ‘no show’ customers.
- ALL booking alterations, no matter how minor incur a £10 admin fee.
- Cancellations notified in writing, at least four weeks before the booked date will be refunded less a £10 admin fee.
- shorter notice cancellations are not entitled to a refund but the Spa Valley Railway will try to re-sell the tickets.
- Cancellations must be in writing, sent to us by email, click here for our contact form.
If you wish to make an alteration a £10 admin fee will be charged, and our Customer Service Team must be contacted with at least 4 weeks notice.
- Our carriages used for dining were built in the 1960's and due to their internal dimensions physically disabled persons can only be accommodated if they are not confined to a wheelchair.
- Due to COVID-19 you will be in a set seat which we cannot change on the day of travel.
- Our train is equipped with two toilets and there are also toilets available at Tunbridge Wells West, Groombridge and Eridge.
- The above toilets, due to COVID-19 will NOT be open or available for use on the train, they will be available at Tunbridge Wells West or Groombridge stations.
- The High Weald Belle, Afternoon Tea and Murder Mystery trains are not recommended for children under the age of 18. Fish & Chip Luches, Suppers, Cream Teas and Morning Coffee are available for children.
- Whilst every effort is made to haul part of our dining trains with a steam locomotive and also our coaches as described, there may be the need to use a heritage 1960s diesel locomotive or other carriages subject to necessity.
- The Spa Valley Railway reserves the right to make such changes for whatever reason without prior notice being given.
- COVID-19 is still a huge challenge for the Spa Valley Railway and we will not tollerate any abuse from any visitors on any of our trains. This is a new normal that we are doing our best to work with and will continue to improve. Unfortunately as a result of COVID-19 in a lot of circumstances we CANNOT provide the products to the exact same standard you may have become accustomed to. This is not something we have any control over ourselves and hope you understand the difficult position we are in at the present time.