Terms & Conditions
• All of our dining trains are advance booking only, we cannot accept passengers on the day.
• As these are immensely popular we recommend that you book early to avoid disappointment.
• Our trains depart promptly, we cannot wait for latecomers.
• Due to the fixed seating and table layout bookings are made per complete table of two or table of four.
• Due to the layout of the carriages, parties of two may have to share tables. This means you may be sat at a table of four with another party of two.
• Tables of two will be sold on a first come, first served basis and cannot be guaranteed under any circumstances.
• Bookings can only be made with full payment.
• Prices include train fare and meal but exclude drinks. Drinks are available from our waiting staff at additional cost.
• Drinks advertised are subject to availability and may be altered without prior warning.
• On Sundays the High Weald Belle dining option is an additional service as part of our standard Green weekend timetable.
• No discounts are available for this service.
• For logistical reasons we reserve the right to move your party to another carriage if necessary.
• Please note that only drinks purchased on board from our waiting staff may be consumed on any Spa Valley Railway dining trains.
• Diners who wish to bring their own wine (including sparkling) or champagne will be charged corkage per bottle.
• Photos are for illustrative purposes only, actual product may vary.
There are no tables of two available at present on our Saturday night High Weald Belle until September, other High Weald Belle trains (inc Saturday Evening & Sunday Luncheon) may also sell out of tables for two throughout the year. We are happy and able to accept bookings of two on our trains prior to then however you will be sat at a table of four. This means you may be sat with another two at a table of four, two seperate couples on one table of four. If you are happy with this option then please select 'Table for 2 Persons on a Table for 4' at the time of booking. It is impossible for us to move passengers on the day due to the limited seating in our 1960s heritage coaches, by booking this option you are accepting that you may be sat on a table of four with another couple.
2018 Corkage prices:
£20 champagne or prosecco
£25 wine box
Menu & dietary requirements
• All of our dining trains have a fixed menu which will be available on the website for each particular date.
• If you require the vegetarian or gluten free option this must be ordered in advance.
• To avoid embarrassment on the day, please give details on the booking form or at least two weeks before if any member of your party has any special dietary requirements or allergies that require a different meal to be provided (which is however subject to availability and anything under two weeks we cannot guarantee to accommodate) e.g. vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free, no nuts, no red meat, no mushrooms, no shellfish, etc.
• Please note that it is impossible for us to provide an alternative to the fixed menu if we are only advised on the day.
Reluctantly we are unable to cater for the following dietary requirements, diabetic, vegan, dairy free and nut allergies or other allergies on our Cream Tea or Morning Coffee services.
Refunds, Cancellations & Changes to bookings
• We regret that there can be no refund for ‘no show’ customers.
• ALL booking alterations, no matter how minor incur a £10 admin fee.
• Cancellations notified in writing, at least four weeks before the booked date will be refunded less a £10 admin fee.
• shorter notice cancellations are not entitled to a refund but the Spa Valley Railway will try to re-sell the tickets.
Cancellations in writing must be sent to our General Manager here or by post:
If you wish to make an alteration, please note it is a £10 admin fee and our General Manager must be contacted with at least 4 weeks notice.
• Our carriages used for dining were built in the 1960's and due to their internal dimensions physically disabled persons can only be accommodated if they are not confined to a wheelchair.
• Our train is equipped with two toilets and there are also toilets available at Tunbridge Wells West, Groombridge and Eridge.
• The High Weald Belle, Afternoon Tea and Murder Mystery trains are not recommended for children under the age of 18. Fish & Chip Luches, Suppers, Cream Teas and Morning Coffee are available for children.
• Whilst every effort is made to haul part of our dining trains with a steam locomotive and also our coaches as described, there may be the need to use a heritage 1960s diesel locomotive or other carriages subject to necessity.
• The Spa Valley Railway reserves the right to make such changes for whatever reason without prior notice being given.