Driver for a Tenner!
Have you ever wanted to have a go at driving a real life Steam or Diesel locomotive, even for a short distance? Well at the Spa Valley Railway on selected dates throughout the year we offer you the chance to take to the controls for just £10 for a short distance at Eridge Station.
Hop on in platform 2 at Eridge and drive the locomotive out of our platform, change direction and then head back into platform 3. Not bad just to have a go for only £10!
Bookings can be made on the right hand side of this page on selected dates only.
Please note the following/terms and conditions applicable to ALL Driver Experiences:
- Participants must be aged 18 or over and in good health.
- This experience is for a movement of an engine on its own at Eridge Station from platform 2 to 3.
- All steam or diesel locomotives and units are subject to availability.
- Please note this experiences is for one participant only and we cannot accommodate any additional guests.
- You or the participant must be able to climb a 6ft vertical ladder to gain access to the locomotives footplate.
- You must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Non-flammable clothing that covers both arms and legs plus strong footwear are required.
- We recommend a boiler suit and steel toe capped boots.
- The Spa Valley reserves the right to cancel or suspend a driver experience if the participant is suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs or is seen to be physically not fit enough to undertake the experience.
- Please do bring a camera if you wish!
- We reserve the right to alter the contents of a driver experience without prior warning.
- We reserve the right to change locomotives without prior warning for whatever reason, this may be due to failure.
- Please make sure you arrive 5 minutes prior to your experience commencing.
- Locomotives or units are all subject to availability, they are over 50yrs old and so from time to time suffer failures, we therefore reserve the right to alter the locomotive used on any driver experience be it steam or diesel
You MUST bring your physical printed or e-ticket with you on the day to show the locomotive crew, therefore if you select an e-ticket please ensure you print it off and bring it with you on the day.
You must also adhere to our terms & conditions and wear the correct clothing/boots for the experience.
Note that a £10 admin fee applies to all booking alterations.