Spa Valley Railway »
Fish & Chip Supper - with Bulleid Pacific 'Sir Keith Park'
Saturday 17th October
British tradition and heritage trains!
Tuck into a freshly prepared portion of fish & chips on board a train hauled by Bulleid Pacific No. 34053 'Sir Keith Park' whilst travelling through the glorious High Weald countryside, our carriages have been modified with protective screens added between the bays of seats and customers sat 1m+ from other bookings.
What's on offer?
Join the train at Tunbridge Wells West finding your seats on board, you will set off for the end of the line, completing two return journeys to Eridge. Whilst on your journey you will enjoy a freshly prepared Fish and Chip supper followed by a slice of cake as dessert. You will return to Tunbridge Wells West at approximately 21:30, trains towards Tunbridge Wells West will be hauled by Bulleid Pacific No. 34053 'Sir Keith Park' and trains towards Eridge will be hauled by a heritage diesel locomotive.
On October 17th we're also operating a Real Ale train, you will be able to purchase beers and ciders on board (a table service is provided) and will be the same beers as the Real Ale train passengers.
What has changed?
- To ensure we maintain Social Distancing and are COVID secure we will be using two 'Open' carriages which have an aisle down the centre. Passengers will be sat 1m+ from other passengers with protective screens being provided between the bays of seats.
- On train toilets and a walk-up-bar service will not be available and you will be asked to board and disembark in a certain order. Toilets will be available at Tunbridge Wells West and Groombridge along with hand sanitisation points at both stations.
- On-board catering staff will be wearing additional PPE, they will be wearing masks when they need to approach your bay of seats and will wear gloves when handling anything that we need to put on your table (i.e. a drink). All staff have been briefed on the need to routinely wash their hands and they will have access to our handwashing facilities in bar car 'Kate'.
- A limited drinks menu will be available, and glassware will not be provided, instead disposable cups/wine glasses will be available.
- Hot drinks will be available in disposable cups and not the usual crockery.
- The dessert is a slice of Victoria Sponge Cake. These are pre-packed.
- Napkins, pre-packed cutlery and a limited supply of tomato sauce, tartar sauce, salt, pepper and vinegar will be provided on your table.
- Eridge station and the line beyond Groombridge will be closed initially. High Rocks station is also closed.
- You will be required to wear a face covering when on our stations, in our buildings and when not consuming food or drink.
- NOTE: If you are sat in Coach D or E you will NOT have a table in front of you, food will need to be eaten from a seated position (i.e. on a lap) but we will provide pre-packed items as above.
Menu choices (one option per person):
- Cod & Chips
- Plain Sausage & Chips
- Gluten-Free Battered Cod & Chips
- Veggie Burger & Chips
Terms & Conditions for all dining trains can be found by clicking this link
For COVID related questions please click here.
Booking with vTicket