Take a journey by train to Groombridge and enjoy two great attractions in one day!
Save with a joint discounted ticket for the Spa Valley Railway and Groombridge Place!
Joint discounted tickets are available which combine travelling by heritage diesel or steam train with admission to family favourite Groombridge Place. Explore the Knot Garden, Secret Garden, White Rose Garden, Oriental Garden, Drunken Garden, Draughtman's Lawn, Crusoe's World and the Outdoor Adventures.
Take the train from Tunbridge Wells West Station (located on the Homebase and Sainsbury’s site in Tunbridge Wells) to Groombridge Station. On arrive enjoy the pretty 15 minute walk to Groombridge Place where visitors can enjoy the formal walled gardens, canal boat rides, birds of prey displays and all the fun of the forest including the fabulous giant tree swings!
Please note that tickets are only valid when trains are timetabled to run (most weekends and school holidays) and when Groombridge Place is open to the public.
- Adult Return including a train journey on the Spa Valley Railway and entry to Groombridge Place (not travelling via Eridge) £17.50
- Adult Return including Groombridge Place (travelling via Eridge) £19.50
- Child Return including Groombridge Place (not travelling via Eridge) £13.00
- Child Return including Groombridge Place (travelling via Eridge) £14.00
- Senior Return including Groombridge Place (not travelling via Eridge) £15.50
- Senior Return including Groombridge Place (travelling via Eridge) £17.50
What we recommend:
On Green or Purple timetable days, to make the most out of your Groombridge Place visit and enjoy the railway to the full we suggest that you depart on the 10:30 service from Tunbridge Wells West, travelling via Eridge, arriving at Groombridge for 11:24. It is then a pleasent 15 minute walk up to Groombridge Place itself.
You can then spend the remainder of the day there prior to returning to Groombridge Station in time for our 17:01 or 15:31 departure to Tunbridge Wells West.
The 17:01 departure from Groombridge to Tunbridge Wells West runs from April to October only. Between November & March the final train of the day from Groombridge to Tunbridge Wells West is at 15:31.
Please ensure that you check our calendar before visiting us to ensure that trains are operating!
If you select an e-ticket please ensure you print it off and bring it with you on the day!
Note that a £10 admin fee applies to all booking alterations. Seats are NOT guaranteed.