Have a go at driving a real life steam or diesel locomotive for just £5!
At the Spa Valley Railway we're delighted to offer the opportunity to drive a locomotive for just a fiver on selected special event days!
10th & 11th March
The first of our Driver for a Fivers in 2018 will be during the Spring Diesel Gala. All locomotives will be available to have a go at either Tunbridge Wells West or Eridge. Please ensure you read the correct station and time on the ticket.
At Tunbridge Wells the locomotive will be driven from Platform 1 to the East/West siding and return.
At Eridge the locomotive will be driven up and down Platform 3.
Please note the following/terms and conditions applicable to ALL Driver Experiences:
- Participants must be aged 18 or over and in good health.
- All steam or diesel locomotives and units are subject to availability.
- Please note this experiences is for one participant only and we cannot accommodate any guests on these days.
- You or the participant must be able to climb a 6ft vertical ladder to gain access to the locomotives footplate.
- You must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Non-flammable clothing that covers both arms and legs plus strong footwear are required.
- We recommend a boiler suit and steel toe capped boots.
- The Spa Valley reserves the right to cancel or suspend a driver experience if the participant is suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs or is seen to be physically not fit enough to undertake the experience.
- Please do bring a camera if you wish!
- We reserve the right to alter the contents of a driver experience without prior warning, the haulage of a train is not guaranteed for this experience.
- We reserve the right to change locomotives without prior warning for whatever reason, this may be due to failure.
- Please make sure you arrive 15 minutes prior to your experience commencing.
- Locomotives or units are all subject to availability, they are over 50yrs old and so from time to time suffer failures, we therefore reserve the right to alter the locomotive used on any driver experience be it steam or diesel.
If you select an e-ticket please ensure you print it off and bring it with you on the day.
Note that a £10 admin fee applies to all booking alterations.