Featuring visiting Class 27 27001 and Class 42 'Warship' No. D821 'Greyhound'!
This year we are delighted to welcome Class 27 27001 which is travelling all the way from Scotland to take part in our gala as well as Class 42 'Warship' D821 'Greyhound' which is making its first visit away to another heritage railway from the Severn Valley Railway in over 5yrs.
Locomotives taking part:
• Drewry 2591 'Southerham'
• Class 10 D3489 'Colonel Tomline'
• Class 27 27001 – Courtesy of the Class 27 Loco Group and Bo'ness & Kinneil Railway/Scottish Railway Preservation Society.
• Class 31/4 31430 'Sister Dora'
• Class 33/0 33063 'R.J.Mitchell'
• Class 33/2 33201
• Class 42 D821 'Greyhound' – Courtesy of the Diesel Traction Group/Severn Valley Railway
• Class 73/1 73140
• Class 207 DEMU 1317
• Class 421 3CIG 1497
A full working timetable will be published prior to the event. Trains will run from 08:40 to 23:00 Friday & Saturday and from 09:30 to 18:00 Sunday.
• Adult 1 Day Rover (Friday or Saturday): £20.00
• Adult 1 Day Rover (Sunday): £15.00
• Adult 2 Day Rover: £30.00
• Adult 3 Day Rover: £40.00
• Child 1 Day Rover (Friday or Saturday): £10.00
• Child 1 Day Rover (Sunday): £7.50
• Child 2 Day Rover: £15.00
• Child 3 Day Rover: £20.00
• Family 1 Day Rover (Friday or Saturday): £40.00 (two kids free!)
• Family 1 Day Rover (Sunday): £30.00
• Family 2 Day Rover: £50.00
• Family 3 Day Rover: £60.00
• Adult Evening Rover: £8.00
• Child Evening Rover: £4.00
25% OFF ALL TICKETS PURCHASED ONLINE UNTIL AUGUST 1ST 23:59!
Tunbridge Wells West
• Our Buffet Car 'Emily' will be serving hot and cold drinks and light refreshments.
• Station shop stocking a large variety of diesel traction products, shop will close at approximately 16:30 - 17:30.
• Miniature Cinema.
• Driver for a Tenner (available to book in July)
• Sales stands including the South East Locomotive Group & Bufferbeam Ltd.
• Access to the famous High Rocks or Tea Garden Lane which can provide great photographic opportunities.
• High Rocks Inn and Garden.
• A great place to watch the trains from the Inns' garden.
• Please note that not all trains call at High Rocks, new for 2019 will be late evening services calling at High Rocks so you can stop off for a bite to eat!
• Trains crossing throughout.
• Real Ale bar in the 'Old Van Body'.
• Lots of books on our bookstall under the canopy, grab a bargain.
• Photo opportunities from the station bridges.
• Mainline connections with Southern services to Central London, East Croydon, Oxted and Uckfield.
• Catering in the Waiting Room including a Real Ale & Cider bar and a BBQ on the platform.
• Driver for a Tenner (available to book in July)
• The Huntsman Public House.
• Walk back towards Groombridge via Harrisons Rocks, great photo opportunities of trains climbing Birchden Bank from the adjacent field.
• Sales stands.
Fish & Chip Trains
On Friday 3rd & Saturday 4th August we'll be running one of these popular services departing from Tunbridge Wells West. Join the train from 18:00 at Tunbridge Wells West and be shown to your seats. At 18:40 the train will set off for Eridge and complete three return journeys with heritage diesel traction. Whilst on your journey you will enjoy a freshly prepared Fish and Chip supper followed by an ice cream dessert. You can alight at anytime throughout the evening.
Bookings for Dining in the Weald Fish & Chip Suppers for this event can be made online now by clicking here, you can also choose your menu options at the time of booking. The 'Warship' and 27001 will haul these trains on both the Friday & Saturday evenings.
Evening Trains for non-diners
From 17:00 Evening Rover tickets will be available for just £10, this will include travel on all trains from 17:00 to 23:00. If you've already purchased a Rover ticket for that day you will not need to purchase another. D821 and 27001 will work trains alongside 1317 well into the evening.
Are you a locomotive or enthusiasts group and have a sales stand?
If you have a locomotive group sales stand and want the opportunity to raise much needed funds for your project then we are delighted to offer pitches for sales stands at our diesel galas. Just get in touch with our Commerical Manager here and we’ll aim to slot you in, there is no charge for a pitch, we just ask for a donation of around £20.
A list of local hotels and Bed & Breakfasts where you could potentially stay can be found below:
• Tunbridge Wells Travelodge
• Tunbridge Wells Retreat Smart & Simple Hotel
• The Spa Hotel
• Russell Hotel
• Hotel Du Vin
• 18 Strawberry Close Bed & Breakfast
• Tunbridge Wells Bed & Breakfast
• The Brick House Bed & Breakfast
• Rose House Bed & Breakfast
• Broadwater Bed & Breakfast
• Smith and Western, just across the road from our station at Tunbridge Wells West
• Booking.com for Royal Tunbridge Wells
If you select an e-ticket please ensure you print it off and bring it with you on the day!
All tickets are valid unlimited travel on the Spa Valley Railway on the day of your visit/date shown on ticket.
Note that a £10 admin fee applies to all booking alterations. Seats are NOT guaranteed.