One of the biggest beer festivals in Kent & Sussex!
For Operational Reasons the 18:25 from Eridge to Tunbridge Wells West will TERMINATE at Groombridge at 18:34. This train will not continue to Tunbridge Wells West.
The last train from Eridge to Tunbridge Wells West will depart at 17:50.
The 17:50 from Tunbridge Wells West will still run however will only return as far as Groombridge.
Tunbridge Wells West train departures on the Sunday:
10:20, 11:10, 12:00, 12:50, 13:40, 14:30, 15:20, 16:10, 17:00 & 17:50 (THE 17:50 DOES NOT RETURN TO TUNBRIDGE WELLS WEST)
Eridge train departures on the Sunday:
11:10, 12:00, 12:50, 13:40, 14:30, 15:20, 16:10, 17:00 and 17:50.
160+ Real Ales, 30+ Ciders, 25+ Green Hop Beers
Our major Real Ale and Cider event, only made possible through the support of West Kent CAMRA, is back for its 8th year. With 160+ Real Ales, 25+ Green Hop Beers, a craft beer bar featuring UK Keg & European Beers & 30+ Ciders, this is the event you do not want to miss.
The main festival takes place in our Victorian Engine Shed at Tunbridge Wells West where you can enjoy a pint or two throughout the day in between train rides if you wish, we're opering a 50 minute interval train service and with the festival continuing on the trains and at Groombridge and Eridge Stations too the whole railway comes life with some wonderful local brews!
We've also combined this event for the 8th year with our annual Autumn Diesel Gala which for 2018 features three historic 1960's built Heritage Diesel Locomotives, all hauling 1960's built carriages!
1960's Heritage Diesel Locomotives:
• Class 25 D7612
• Class 31 31430 'Sister Dora'
• Class 33 33063 'R.J.Mitchell'
Tickets are just £20 per adult or £10 per child for unlimted travel all day from the first to the last train.
Members of CAMRA who produce their membership card can travel for just £15!
TUNBRIDGE WELLS WEST SHED FESTIVAL OPENING HOURS:
• Friday & Saturday: 11:00-23:00
• Sunday: 11:00-18:00.
FIRST TRAIN DEPARTURES:
• The first train on Sunday from Tunbridge Wells West will depart at 10:20.
• The first train on Sunday from Eridge will depart at 11:10.
Live Bands at Tunbridge Wells West:
Sunday 21st October
• 13:00 to 14:30 – Ukelear Fallout
• 15:30 to 17:00 – Wasted
Tunbridge Wells West
• The main festival location, inside the engine shed with most of the Real Ale, Belgian/KeyKeg Beers & Cider.
• Trains to High Rocks, Groombridge & Eridge.
• Fullers Butcher BBQ.
• Thai Food Stand.
• Live Entertainment throughout the event at selected times - see above.
• Ticket office, toilets and main departure point of train services.
• Station shop stocking a large variety of railway and children's products.
• Access to the famous High Rocks or Tea Garden Lane which can provide great photographic opportunities.
• High Rocks Inn and Garden.
• A great place to watch the trains from the Inns garden.
• Please note that evening & shuttle trains will not serve High Rocks.
• Trains crossing over all three days.
• Real ale & cider available on the station platform in our marquee!
• Thai Food Stand!
• Mainline connections with Southern services to Central London, East Croydon, Oxted (change for East Grinstead) and Uckfield.
• Real ale and cider on sale in our Waiting Room.
• Locomotives can be viewed in the bay platform between trains if timetabled to remain at the station.
• South African Hot and Cold food!
There are many places to stay in Tunbridge Wells but we suggest you book in advance to make sure you can stay over and enjoy the whole event, it saves driving and means you can have a few!
• The Brick House Bed & Breakfast - Click here
• Tunbridge Wells Travelodge - Click here - sells out fast and also the cheapest hotel.
• Smith and Western, just accross the road from Tunbridge Wells West - Click here
• Details of other local accomodation can be found here
The nearest campsites to the Spa Valley Railway can be found here, the campsite we run past is for Scout Groups only, not for the general public.
Getting to our 8th CAMRA Real Ale & Cider Festival 2018:
The railway's Tunbridge Wells West address is: West Station, Neville Terrace, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2 5QY and we can be located at the Western end of the town by Sainsbury's and Homebase. Brown tourist signs in the area will assist in guidance and there are two Pay & Display Car Parks within 5-10 minutes’ walk of Tunbridge Wells West Station located at Union House, Linden Close and Major York's Road.
Eridge Station can be accessed off of the main A26 Tunbridge Wells to Lewes Road. The station has a large Pay & DIsplay Car Park and currently at weekends is just £2 to park all day.
There is very limited parking at Groombridge Station. High Rocks Station has a large free car park and signage is available from Tunbridge Wells to the Rocks themselves.
For Sat Navs the railway is located at the following post codes:
• Tunbridge Wells West: TN2 5QY
• High Rocks: TN3 9JJ
• Groombridge: TN3 9RD
• Eridge: TN3 9LE
The easiest station you can get to us via rail travel is Eridge where our trains depart from Platform 2 or you can arrive via Tunbridge Wells Mainline after a 10-15 minute walk down the town through the very famous Pantiles. Please check National Rail Enquiries before travelling.
Rover tickets are valid for unlimited travel on the day of issue. If you select an e-ticket please ensure you print it off and bring it with you on the day, you will not be required to exchange it however you must have it in printed form for our staff to check.
Note that a £10 admin fee applies to all booking alterations.