The first diesel event of our 2018 season with all of our servicable homefleet in action on both days!
Featuring all working locomotives from our home fleet, this will be the first diesel event to feature 73140 since 2015! With 3CIG 1497 now resident with us the ED will be able to take part in some very appropriate Southern Push/Pull operation over the whole length of the line!
Joining 73140 will be our two resident 33's, 063 & 201 and possibly long term visitor 31289, an additional guest locomotive along with our resident shunters. More will be revealed in the new year!
The Spa Valley Railway will open from 08:45 each day at Tunbridge Wells West, Eridge will open from 09:30 although the platforms are always accessible.
THE LOCOMOTIVE LINE UP:
- Drewry 2591 'Southerham'
- Class 09 09026 'Cedric Wares' - Subject to completion of overhaul
- Class 10 D3489 'Colonel Tomline'
- Class 31 31289
- Class 33/0 33063 'R.J.Mitchell'
- Class 33/2 33201
- Class 73 73140
- Class 207 DEMU 1317
- Class 421 3CIG 1497
All of the above locomotives/units are subject to availability.
TICKET PRICES - SAVE THE QUEUES AND BOOK IN ADVANCE!
- Adult Day Rover - £20.00
- Child Day Rover - £10.00
We do not offer any discounts at special events, this includes reciprocal travel arrangements, HRA passes and we do not accept BR Privs.
AT THE STATIONS
Tunbridge Wells West - Open from 08:45.
- Our Buffet Car 'Emily' will be serving hot and cold drinks and light refreshments.
- Station shop stocking a large variety of diesel traction products, shop will close at approximately 16:30 - 17:30, please make your purchases early in the day!
- Driver for a Tenner.
- Miniature Cinema.
- Access to the famous High Rocks or Tea Garden Lane which can provide great photographic opportunities.
- High Rocks Inn and Garden.
- A great place to watch the trains from the Inns' garden.
- Note - not all trains call at High Rocks.
- Trains crossing throughout.
- Popular BBQ on the station!
- Driver for a Fiver & Brake Van Rides with Drewry No. 2591 'Southerham'.
- Lots of books on our bookstall under the canopy, grab a bargain.
- Photo opportunities from the station bridges.
- Our signal box in action.
Eridge - Open from 09:30
- Mainline connections with Southern services to Central London, East Croydon, Oxted and Uckfield.
- 'Driver for a Fiver' in Eridge Bay.
- Catering in the Station Waiting Room.
Our very popular BBQ will be making a return at Groombridge. On offer will be locally produced burgers (with onions and cheese) sausages (with onions in a roll) and also bacon rolls at breakfast time! These will be the very popular Burgers & Sausages from our 2017 events sourced from our local butchers.
Saturday Evening Dining Train
The first of our popular Fish & Chip Supper trains will be operating on Saturday 10th with top and tail diesel action to Eridge and return for three trips, a delightful menu of Cod & Chips, Sausage & Chips or Spring Roll & Chips are available followed by an Ice Cream dessert. Bookings can be made online now by clicking here.
Our award winning on train bar will be open both days from first trains departure to the last trains arrival, this includes Saturday evening trains. 'Kate' will be open for the sale of real ale and cider, sandwiches, crisps, biscuits and other light refreshments during the day.
We will have four polypins of real ale on board for you to enjoy, all locally sourced from four different breweries.
Our ex BIG TSO(RB) from unit No.2254 (Buffet Brighton, B for Buffet and IG the LB&SCR telegraphic code for Brighton) will be open both days serving pasties and sausage rolls as well as hot & cold drinks and light snacks.
Located on the station platform will be our small catering outlet serving hot & cold drinks and light refreshments.
In the Waiting Room on Platform 2/3 you'll find a small catering trolley with hot & cold drinks along with light refreshments.
- Under-restoration Class 207 DEMU centre car on display.
- See the work being undertaken on Class 33 33065 and other projects in our Engine Shed.
Do you have a sales stand you’d like to bring to our gala? If so get in touch with our General Manager here and we’ll aim to slot you in, there is no charge for a pitch, we just ask for a donation!
There are many places to stay in Tunbridge Wells West but we suggest you book in advance to make sure you can stay over and enjoy the whole weekend!
- Tunbridge Wells Bed and Breakfast - Click here
- The Lancers Bed & Breakfast - Click here
- The Brick House Bed & Breakfast - Click here
- Alconbury Guest House Bed and Breakfast - Click here
- Tunbridge Wells Travelodge - Click here - sells out fast and also the cheapest hotel.
- Smith and Western, just accross the road from Tunbridge Wells West - Click here
The nearest campsites to the Spa Valley Railway can be found here, the campsite we run past is for Scout Groups only, not for the general public.
Being a very popular tourist destination, Royal Tunbridge Wells and the surrounding area can book up early throughout the year so don't delay, reserve your room today!
GETTING TO OUR INTO SPRING DIESEL WEEKEND
The railway's Tunbridge Wells West address is: West Station, Neville Terrace, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2 5QY and we can be located at the Western end of the town by Sainsbury's and Homebase. Brown tourist signs in the area will assist in guidance and there are two Pay & Display Car Parks within 5-10 minutes’ walk of Tunbridge Wells West Station located at Union House, Linden Close and Major York's Road.
Eridge Station can be accessed off of the main A26 Tunbridge Wells to Lewes Road. The station has a large Pay & DIsplay Car Park and currently at weekends is just £2 to park all day.
There is very limited parking at Groombridge Station. High Rocks Station has a large free car park and signage is available from Tunbridge Wells to the Rocks themselves.
For Sat Navs the railway is located at the following post codes:
- Tunbridge Wells West: TN2 5QY
- High Rocks: TN3 9JJ
- Groombridge: TN3 9RD
- Eridge: TN3 9LE
The easiest station you can get to us via rail travel is Eridge where our trains depart from Platform 2 or you can arrive via Tunbridge Wells Mainline after a 10-15 minute walk down the town through the very famous Pantiles. Please check National Rail Enquiries before travelling.
If you select an e-ticket please ensure you print it off and bring it with you on the day.
Note that a £10 admin fee applies to all booking alterations. Seats are NOT guaranteed.